Pumpkin and Earl Grey go great together. Who knew?
I whipped these up on a day that I was feeling the need to make something elegant. They’re so perfect for the season: gently spiced, but with a comforting pumpkin kick. And perfectly complimentary to a steaming mug of tea. Thick socks, blanket, and a good book are all recommended.
|Pumpkin Earl Grey Tea Cakes|
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- ¼ cup oat flour
- 2 earl grey tea bags
- 1 cup almond milk
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tbsp ground flax in 6 tbsp water
- ½ tsp orange zest
- pinch of salt
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Soak the ground flax in the water in a small bowl for about 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, mix the almond milk with the pumpkin puree, sugar, vanilla, and the emptied tea bags.
- Whisk together gently, and then add in the soaked flax, and then the remaining ingredients. Whisk gently until completely combined. Distribute evenly in a lightly greased but unlined muffin tin (the tins shouldn’t be filled to the brim, but halfway or less).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the middle of a cake comes out clean.