My mom makes these amazing spiced cashews that are so ridiculously delicious that before you know it, you’ve shoved handful upon handful into your mouth. Mission: make them a little more guiltless. Mission accomplished.
Whip these up for an easy, amazing appetizer on Thursday. The nontraditional ingredients- particularly the coconut oil and sucanat- add the subtlest something extra that really take these over-the-top. They are highly addictive. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.
|Spiced Bar Chickpeas|
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp dark brown sucanat
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp fresh rosemary leaves
- 1/2 tsp sea salt (or to taste)
- Drain and pat the chickpeas dry. Spread over a baking sheet, and drizzle a bit (less than half a tbsp) of the coconut oil over to coat. Stir until all the chickpeas are coated.
- Roast the chickpeas at 400 degrees for 35-45 minutes, stirring occasionally, until they are slightly browned and crispy on the outside. Remove from the oven.
- While the chickpeas are roasting, mix the sucanat, remaining coconut oil, pepper, rosemary, and sea salt in a medium bowl. Once the chickpeas are done cooking, add them to the bowl and toss. Serve.