Tech problem apologies aside, I was excited to share this anyway. It’s not necessarily a recipe, per say, since it’s both ridiculously simple and basically unoriginal. But it has been one of my favorite ways to cool down over the past few weeks.
I go through phases with tea. Last winter, I was all about tea disguised as dessert: coconut, chocolate peppermint, vanilla cream, etc. A little while before that I couldn’t go to bed without a lemon ginger. These days, it’s Earl Grey all the way.
Obviously, craving tea in the summer is a little tricky unless you have the AC set to antarctic temperatures or you couple it with a tall glass of ice. Fortunately, this kills the craving and the heat all at once. Could you just make iced tea? Sure. But this is a little smoother and creamier.
The Frappuccino just got classy-fied.
|Earl Grey Frappuccino||
- ice cube tray
- 3 bags earl grey tea
- 1 cup almond milk (or non-dairy milk of choice)
- sweetener of choice to taste
- optional: garnish with some orange zest!
- Boil water and brew tea with three bags in a large mug or heatproof container.
- Let sit for several minutes, until fairly cooled, and so that the “tea” is extra concentrated.
- Pour into ice cube trays, and let freeze.
- In a blender, combine some* of the ice cubes with the almond milk and sweetener. Blend until smooth, and serve.
*My ice cube trays are quite large, so I usually only use 4 cubes or so. Adjust depending on the size of the ice cubes and your desired texture.